Wall Mounting Instructions | Hardware
Follow the below instructions when mounting your item to a wall
- The first thing you will need to do is place a sheet of paper on the back of the piece, making sure to cover the keyhole slots
- With the pencil, mark the top of the thin portion of each keyhole slot or if the keyhole mounting slot is horizontal, mark the thin far side of the keyhole slot
- Place marked paper on the wall making sure the markings are level (not sloped so use a level if you have one)
- Using the pointed end of the screw press a mark on the wall indicating the keyhole slot positions
- Now for the fun part, POWER TOOLS! Using your drill, with a very thin drill bit, drill a pilot hole in the wall at the two keyhole slot positions
This next step will help you determine if you will need to use wall anchors or just screws without the anchors
If the drill bit comes out of the wall white (drywall), use a larger drill bit slightly smaller than the anchor and drill two holes where the anchors will be installed
If the drill bit comes out of the wall with some brown (wood), discard the wall anchors and use a screw
6. Screw the screws into the wall (or wall anchors) letting the screws extend out from the wall ~1/8”
(For mounting keyhole slot mounting, if the item “rocks”, screw the screws in further)
7. Place your item on the wall, step back and admire your work!
It’s that simple to mount any item to a wall, whether drywall, stone or wood (did I mention I love wood and MESI Woodshop sells lots of great wood gift ideas).After mounting, send an email to MESI Woodshop with a few pictures, we'll be proud to post them for others to admire and see your handy work.